Can Laser Dentistry Treat Gummy Smiles?
All smiles are beautiful, but we understand that sometimes you might want to change its appearance to fit the way you want it to look. If you feel that your gum line is extra visible when you smile or your teeth appear too short, you might be looking for gummy smile treatment. Montclair, CA dental office Montclair Plaza Dental Group offers this and several other cosmetic dentistry treatments to help you achieve the smile of your dreams.
What Causes A Gummy Smile?
There are several reasons why you may have a gummy smile:
- Incorrect jaw bone alignment: The jaw bone may extend further than it should, causing the gums to look longer.
- Upper lip muscles: You may have overactive upper lip muscles that pull your lip up too high when smiling, showing more of your gums underneath.
- Abnormal tooth development: Teeth may not extend far enough beyond the gum line but are actually the normal length.
Gummy Smile Treatment Options Using Laser Dentistry
Since there are many reasons why someone may have a gummy smile, there are different treatments available for gummy smile treatment:
- Crown Lengthening: This procedure requires the removal of gum tissue and bone to allow the gums to retract to the appropriate position and reveal more of the tooth structure. This treatment may be performed when the teeth are not fully erupted.
- Laser Gum Contouring: This procedure can effectively remove excess gum tissues using dental lasers. Patients can achieve their ideal smile with minimal bleeding, faster healing, and natural looking results.
- Gum Lift: A gum lift, clinically called a gingivectomy, is a common cosmetic procedure used to reduce excess gum tissue. In this procedure, we use advanced dental lasers to gently remove excess gum tissue and reshape the gum line to create an aesthetically pleasing smile.
Montclair, CA Cosmetic Dentistry
The right treatment depends on an accurate diagnosis based on an individual evaluation of your smile. Schedule your appointment online or call our office at 909-281-3624 to start restoring balance to your smile.